Fireplace in a box.
What a great invention. I had heard of it before last night, but I'd never actually witnessed it. What a movie I must've watched it 3 or 4 times in a row, and I never got tired of it. I want to talk about the artistic creativity involved in making it, but that involves spoiling the plot for you.
It is a fire. It starts off real big, and burns down for an hour, getting smaller and smaller. I want to shake the hand of the person who actually built that fire. It was impressively huge to begin with. It burned for an HOUR, but not once do you see another log get added. The sound effects are perfect. They're even beter than the image of the fire. If you close your eyes, it honestly sounds like there is an authentic fire burning just a few feet from you.
But then there's the ending. If you'e started to get bored with the fire, you have to fast-forward to the end. The entire worth of the 'film' rests on the last 10-20 seconds. The director switches to slo-mo just before the big pop. You know the sound that is made when a log has a knot in it and the knot pops, or explodes? It was bee-u-ty-full. To see the flames take on such a personality. What was once a normal fire, on the vurge of burning out, breathes new life when viewed in slo-mo for 20 seconds. And if that wasn't good enough, here it comes, cccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaacck. What an ending. I just popped witnessing it.
The potluck was fun. There was a decent sized crowd of decent people. The food was absolutely scrumptious. I was the youngest. It's been awhile since I was the youngest in a room, and never by 10 years. But that doesn't matter. OOPS!! (I've been told. I wasn't the youngest there. There were at least 2 people younger than me. Nifty! But age really isn't an issue. I just brought it up because it's not often I hang out with people 10 years younger than me, so 10 years older was neat. Especially hearing people give my "old" friend advice on what to expect as he approaches 30.) I had met, or at least seen, most of those people before at spoken-word events. I was still tired and hungover from the night at 'Flections, so I didn't do or say much. I just watched the fire and looked at some Heavy Metal magazines. The fire thing started messing my head up. It looked like a fire, it sounded like a fire, but my body was pissed-off to learn that it did not give off heat like a fire.
What a great invention. I had heard of it before last night, but I'd never actually witnessed it. What a movie I must've watched it 3 or 4 times in a row, and I never got tired of it. I want to talk about the artistic creativity involved in making it, but that involves spoiling the plot for you.
It is a fire. It starts off real big, and burns down for an hour, getting smaller and smaller. I want to shake the hand of the person who actually built that fire. It was impressively huge to begin with. It burned for an HOUR, but not once do you see another log get added. The sound effects are perfect. They're even beter than the image of the fire. If you close your eyes, it honestly sounds like there is an authentic fire burning just a few feet from you.
But then there's the ending. If you'e started to get bored with the fire, you have to fast-forward to the end. The entire worth of the 'film' rests on the last 10-20 seconds. The director switches to slo-mo just before the big pop. You know the sound that is made when a log has a knot in it and the knot pops, or explodes? It was bee-u-ty-full. To see the flames take on such a personality. What was once a normal fire, on the vurge of burning out, breathes new life when viewed in slo-mo for 20 seconds. And if that wasn't good enough, here it comes, cccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaacck. What an ending. I just popped witnessing it.
The potluck was fun. There was a decent sized crowd of decent people. The food was absolutely scrumptious. I was the youngest. It's been awhile since I was the youngest in a room, and never by 10 years. But that doesn't matter. OOPS!! (I've been told. I wasn't the youngest there. There were at least 2 people younger than me. Nifty! But age really isn't an issue. I just brought it up because it's not often I hang out with people 10 years younger than me, so 10 years older was neat. Especially hearing people give my "old" friend advice on what to expect as he approaches 30.) I had met, or at least seen, most of those people before at spoken-word events. I was still tired and hungover from the night at 'Flections, so I didn't do or say much. I just watched the fire and looked at some Heavy Metal magazines. The fire thing started messing my head up. It looked like a fire, it sounded like a fire, but my body was pissed-off to learn that it did not give off heat like a fire.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home