pistolwhip

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fucking shit.

You: I ditched you again. I suck. It was completely unintentional. I had a really good time with you. I honestly didn't mean to hang out all night, go to your house and drink your beer, and then just take off like that. You were no longer standing with my roommate when I went over to see if she could find another way home. I guess I thought you just left like last time. Until she came home and told me you walked her home. I was inside still drinking. You shoud've/could've come in with her. But you didn't know that; neither of you expected me to be there.

I have no reason to even think you might be reading this. But I'm writing it more to remind myself to stop being a bad friend than as an apology. Apologies should be in person and sincere, and I probably will bring it up next time I see you.

You: This is stupid, but I hate how my mind gets stuck on things. When I realize something has been taken the wrong way, I can't stop thinking about clarifying it until I do, even if it's something that doesn't need to be clarified. I meant that he could've really capitalized on it and it's a shame he didn't. In your case, I'm glad for you that you did.

You: Thanks for the coffee, wine and lasagna. And the good conversation. I also enjoyed talking with that fucking dummy. You have that look now of someone who has lived in Montreal for awhile.

You: A lot of work has been done this weekend. You're doing great. Don't be so hard on yourself. You should be proud.

Sincerely,

me

Three years ago I was feeling like I'd never find someone who actually understood. me.

1 Comments:

  • The text for the link is misleading. KC understands me more than I ever thought anyone ever could. Expressing the truth about how one feels is not the same as expressing the truth period. It's about perception. I was going through shit that made me feel like no one understood, but I do not mean to imply that he doesn't.

    By Blogger crystal, at 28/4/08 6:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home