pistolwhip

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Shopping, shopping, shopping.

I've been spending too much money for someone who has none.

I had a hard time forgiving myself for not getting Guitar Hero 3 (with a guitar) for what I believed was a very good price. It probably wouldn't fit into the van, and I didn't think I could bring it across the border. At least that's what I told myself to not feel sad about it. Then my mother told me I can bring up to $500 of stuff across, as long as I declare it and have been in the States for more than two weeks. I called a 1-800 number and found out my credit card balance, and that I owe them money, like, today. I can't withdraw the money for rent, and they may not let me use it after today, so I guess I'll shop.

In Hollywood, I got Tekken 4 before going to Amoeba Records where I got New Day Rising and Either/Or. I couldn't find any Raincoats for Emily, and didn't have time to peruse the CD section.

Yesterday it was decided I would have to drop the Guitar Hero whining as I decided to spend $40 at the venue. We played in a record store called Waterloo Records. Our payment was, aside from the promotion of us and our album, a free Waterloo t-shirt and a 25% discount in the store. I got a Daniel Johnston shirt, the Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll, a couple of pins, and Raw Power.

(note to Emily: don't worry, I have rent).

Tonight we play a house party in Austin. Right now, we are drinking and waiting for the party to stop. Teen Wolf Too is in the background, after showing us a hilarious inconsistency in the first one, that they watched earlier. "Get me a keg of beer." There is a keg.

Two years ago, I also used the word "peruse."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home