pistolwhip

Monday, September 24, 2007

I am sitting here in the office of what seems to be, from what I have observed and overheard, a punk squatter commune turned into businesses. There is a gate to get in and each building seems ot house at least one club. The computer I am on is a really old Mac using Internet Explorer which seriously limits what I am able to do. All the others have gone to bed, and I should too. However, I still have a beer to finish, and I am sitting in front of a computer screen, which you know is my only real friend. I like to exaggereate, but in ways, it is true. Besides, I have never been able o go to bed early. It does not matter that I have to get up early tomorrow for the eight hour drive to our destination in Italy (with a 5 o clock load-in). I have never been able to understand that. Going to bed early in order to get up early. Do you not have to be tired to go to bed? I have always been a night hawk. No bother. I will just sleep in the van instead of reading the Descent all day. When I purchased the book, it was the un-edited version. It enrages me at times, but I clearly see how most of it is just typoes. Some of it is continuity. I make tons of errors in my own writing, but when I see it in the published works of others, I cringe. I have always kind of wanted to be an editor, but I assume you need an English degree for that. I barely passed Grade 12 English (but not because of the things needed for editing. Those are the things that enabled me to pass). In reading the novel, I have discovered that the movie I enjoyed so much was actuall only based on the first chapter. It makes me wonder if there will be sequels. But, the film was not really commercially succesful enough to warrant a sequel, now was it?

My muscles ache. It is a good thing. So long as I do not over-exert myself, it means I am build strength that I have always wanted.

Yesterday we were in the Czech Republic. I found it hard to wipe the smile off my face. Sure, I had a good time in Germany, and I also did tonight in Austria. It was as if the cells in my body knew they were close to home. I have a mix of genes and cultures in me, and the Czech portion is a small one, but on this tour, it is the only place we are going that ascentors of mine originated from. Tomorrow is Italy. We stocked up on Gosser tonight, for the beer drinkers, before heading to wine country. I keep thinking I should take a day off drinking. I keep feeling guilty that we wrote the rider during the month or two that I was a non-drinker.

Oh well.

My beer is gone. I should go for a yellow laser and then hit the bunk. I hope you are all well. I know I am.

PS-- have you noticed I do not know how to make an apostrophe on these keyboards? Usually, I love contractions.

Three years ago Victor was running for mayor. (but I cannot remember how to hyperlink it old-school way and the icon is not here on this old Mac.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home