pistolwhip

Thursday, June 14, 2007

My honesty got the better of me again yesterday when I told the CBC lady that I wasn't technically on Thank You. Oops. But, I hate lying about it. I don't mind that the band started as a recording project, and when they decided to start playing shows they recruited me to play parts KC and Seth had added at the end of the recording. "Yeah. I guess I don't mind admitting that. I'm a big phony." "Well, you were a big phony, but you've gone legit." "Yeah." It's true. Why would I want to take credit that I don't deserve? I mean, I love the sound at the end of Know Who You Are and that it came from a video game I played often in my youth, but does that mean I should take credit for picking it? I don't know. I guess. Oh well.

With these last few interviews, I find it interesting that people take me calling myself a whore so seriously. In fact, I find it funny that people take anything I say so seriously. Everything I say, ever, has a hint of truth and a hint of my weird sense of humour. It took me a bit to come to terms with being in a "pop" band. I keep hearing the words of Watt over and over in my head "she's going from punk to pop and she's catching on" and try to figure out if I think that's a good thing or not. But I love the band, I love the instrument, and I love the songs. I'm not changing myself drastically for any financial gain. So, I'm not selling out. I like the Beatles.

Also, did you see how short that skirt I wore at the last Hold show was? I'm getting too old for that. Sleazy.

PS- Happy belated birthday, Woofy. After talking about it all week, in typical Crystal fashion, I forgot on the actual day. Not entirely. But I didn't get you the gift I'd wanted to and I didn't call or visit.

2 Comments:

  • i like the hooker skirts

    kc

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15/6/07 5:50 pm  

  • I know you do. I like that you like them.

    How did I not realize that the dear old Ling has the same birthday as Woofy?!!

    Sorry, Brian. I love you.

    By Blogger crystal, at 15/6/07 5:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home