pistolwhip

Friday, June 01, 2007

I feel like I've come back home. I'm so excited to be back here. I know I lost my mind and got really hateful and quit the job last year, but it wasn't the job's fault. All the names of cigarettes are changing to get rid of words like "light" and "mild." What I find really funny is that Export A mild has become or will become Export A rich. The words "rich" and "mild" have completely different meanings. When I think of a rich cheesecake, I don't think of something mild tasting. I didn't bring a jacket today, and that means it's cloudy, struggling to rain, and kind of cold. It always happens to me that way. If I'd brought my jacket, it would be super hot all day and I'd be stuck carrying it around like a fool. Have you ever heard of the astral plane? It's funny to think about all the crazy stuff I used to believe in when I was young and passionate and interested in things. Like the astrology stuff I was reading at Rob and Paula's. I used to believe a bunch of crazy New Age stuff. I made an attempt at Wicca. Then, I decided to not believe in anything. Which also means that I'm not an atheist. Because that would be believing in something. I can see how some things might be possible, even it they may not be plausible. I even had a stint of being a Christian. Crazy stuff. It's June now. I guess that means my high school reunion will be coming up. I used to fantasize at being in a really great place in life, and have a bunch of things to brag about, to "go back and show them" when my reunion came around. Yeah, one of those winners who can't get over the shitheads. But, now I don't want to. And I graduated from a different school that the one in the town I'd spend 10 important years of my life. Why do I care about reuniting with a bunch of strangers that I only knew for 1.5 years? Oh, it doesn't matter. I'm not on Facebook, so I'll never get the details of the event.

3 Comments:

  • It's funny when I drink too much coffee, read flaky magazines at work, and then force myself to post even when I don't really want to. Ramble.

    By Blogger crystal, at 2/6/07 12:48 pm  

  • That's funny. I was really excited for awhile about my 10 year reunion, but then after joining Facebook and becoming "friends" with the people I went there with I realized that the last thing I wanted to do was be in the same room as all these people. For a myriad of reasons.

    ger.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/6/07 2:12 am  

  • I was really excited for it a few years ago. Now it seems like it would just be a hassle. I wasn't interested in most people then, what is there to catch up about?

    It could still be interesting, in ways. I wonder how "successful" the people who threw garbage at me are these days. Probably doing better than working in a magazine store.

    Maybe I should just go to the reunion and walk around with Dinosaur Jr. blasting in my headphones, not looking at anyone, but also looking like I might kill them, like I did back then.

    By Blogger crystal, at 3/6/07 5:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home