pistolwhip

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"Pretty much all you'll feel for the first week are side effects. You'll probably have an upset stomach and feel agitated. Then, in the second and third weeks, you'll notice an effect on the anxiety. All the little things that bother you won't irritate you anymore. Into the fourth week you may start to notice an effect on the depression, but it can take up to six weeks to have a full effect."

I think my body is starting to adjust. My stomach is settling down, and my sleep is less restless. What I really like about the effect on my sleep is that I'm not tired all the time anymore. Normally, I toss and turn all night, and I wake up cranky, and depression just makes you exhausted anyway. I could sleep into the middle of the afternoon, and still feel the same. But now...Now I wake up at 8:30 on the weekends and try to force myself to sleep until 10:00. Last night I was pretty zonked (the bus stalled on the way to work and I had to walk most of the way there, where I worked for 10 hours because we need to get everything done by Thursday this week due to Friday being a holiday), so I went to sleep a little earlier than usual. I had trouble sleeping past 4:30.

I noticed an effect on my irritability almost immediately.

Then there's the weight loss. That has already begun. Rapidly. Perhaps it will level out once I start eating more as my stomach settles down. I hope. Many people would be thrilled to have to take something with a natural and expected side-effect of weight loss. And sure, I'm glad to have lost a little. By I've grown comfortable with the curves I once thought I'd never have. I finally feel like a woman, after so many years or looking like an old teenager. I just bought a bunch of clothes that fit. Oh well. It'll be easier to take the clothes in than to make small clothes bigger. So long as I don't get gross tiny like I was before (when I was unhealthy and doing just about all the things I could be doing wrong with these drugs), it'll be okay.

A woman I know has a theory about a family member of hers. She says that whenever so-and-so is unstable, her feet reek like Holy Hell (okay, those aren't her words), but when she's well, nothing. I hope that is true in this case too.

I've been dealing with anxiety all my life, but these panic attacks are new. Then again, I deserve to feel like shit.

Two years ago, I posted "Rest in Peace, Bob."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home