pistolwhip

Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm sitting in the van in Waterloo listening to KC go through an H/K set for tonight. I don't have much time to write. We have to leave soon to drive to the University radio station. We just had a very delicious meal made by Mercey at Jane Bond (they don't really serve food anymore, but he made us some anyway).

The Ottawa show was sketch. The food was amazing and the sound guy was nice. I love veggie burgers that are made out of peanuts ans chick peas and stuff. So good. And that salad. Yum. The motel we stayed in that night was more sketch. I wish people would just bother to clean a room instead of just spraying it with Lysol and/or Febreeze. That stuff hurts. But, laziness and cheap-skatiness prevail. We were told, at the bar, after booking the room, that it was the crack and prostitute part of town. Must be why it was in our price range.

"Your keyboardist looks so sad. Is she okay?"

I broke out the tears in Ottawa. People often criticize me for looking bored, or angry. I thought, what more could I do to get into the songs? I know. I'll see if I can make myself cry like I used to when I was a kid. A cinch. I'm a better actor than I thought. Last night, by contrast, I was actually smiling through some of the songs!

Guelph was pretty good. Chris Yang CD release. He recorded in Halifax with Youth Club Records. Superfantastics also played. Matt Charlton was there. Good times. When we pulled into the parking lot of the place we were to rest our heads last night, we noticed a peculiar smell. I opened the van door, and yes, the smell was coming from outside. Seth announced something about the parking lot being full of slugs, and KC said it smelled like newts. Upon exiting the van, it was discovered that those were actually giant worms (displaced from their homes by the recent rain) and not slugs. Then there was some Eddie Murphy Raw in the room (and a brief encounter with amateur porn).

Waterloo is nice. I really like the record store above the venue. Orange Monkey, I think. KC got a Replacements Sorry Ma shirt there, and it is the same place I got my Sabbath shirt a couple of years ago. The record selection is decent, too, but I can't afford to look and I don't have a record player...

The weather is wishy-washy. It rains. It starts to get nice again. It rains some more. Repeat. I wish it would make up it's mind.

I didn't elaborate two years ago, and now I don't remember.

1 Comments:

  • How did I forget to mention the waiter at the Lebanese place in, ah, I'm not sure which town at the moment? With his ocean eyes, it was easy to see why the place filled up with old ladies at noon.

    By Blogger crystal, at 5/5/07 5:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home