pistolwhip

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I can't believe my nose isn't broken. (it didn't even bleed)

Excerpt from a conversation from 4:00 this morning when KC and I woke up and drank a ton of water:

KC: So you don't remember anything?
me: No, uh, not at all.
KC: Well, you dove into a pop machine and then we took Christian to practice loaded. They were mad.
me: My nose hurts a lot.
KC: Yeah, cuz you dove into a pop machine on your way to the bathroom for some reason.
me: For some reason? Probably because I was sitting in that chair all night, and then stood up.
KC: Yeah.
me: How come my knee is bloody? Is that from the pop machine, or did I fall again?
KC: Oh, you fell in front of Mike Day.
me: Oh, at the jam spot?
KC: Yeah, we didn't have to walk him back. We should've just gone home.
me: Did we even end up eating anything?
KC: Slice of pizza.
me: Oh. I thought it was the antidepressants that made me forget everything.
KC: Well, you were very polluted.
me: I think I'm still drunk.
KC: You were saying things like "You're not helping my knee. Maybe you're helping your knee" when I was putting ice on your knee.
me: I'm sorry. Thank you.

That last line sums up how I feel now. Embarrassed, apologetic, and thankful. I'm ashamed I got so drunk, and embarrassed that it was in public. I'm thankful that I have my KC to take care of me and forgive me. There was so much I had wanted to do last night, after stopping at Charlie's. Going on a huge binge, blacking out, and waking up in excessive pain wasn't on the list. I had a bath this morning, instead of a shower, to soak out some of the aches. My nose is purple, my head hurts (like an injury, not a hangover), my left palm and elbow are bruised, my ribs hurt, my left knee and shin are bruised, my right knee is ripped open and starting to turn colour, there is another scratch under the knee, and there are 6 bruises down my shin.

But hey, at least I didn't throw up all over the bedroom (or anywhere).

5 Comments:

  • Next time make sure i'm around and i'll be the one who drunkenly injures himself, thereby fulfilling the drunken injury quota and saving everyone from bleeding.

    It's good to have a purpose! :)

    By Blogger alfred, at 26/10/04 4:40 pm  

  • alfred: I think that was the first time, since I met you, that I've been that wasted without you around. In fact, it was the first time I've been that messed up in years (excluding my drinking on Celexa days).

    claudette: The conversation may have been cute, and looking back, it was pretty damn funny. It still hurts. But, I was relieved to hear from KC that I didn't turn nasty. He said I was incoherant, but sweet. I guess the nastiness was also a drunk/pills interaction.

    Conversation at work:

    JB: Crystal, do you remember seeing me last nigh?
    me: Uh,..., no. I don't really remember much after around 7 o'clock.
    JB: Well, me and Erik saw you, KC, and some other guy on Cornwallis Street.
    me: Oh, well, right before we saw you, I smashed my face into a vending machine.
    JB: Ha, ha. Yeah, you were pretty drunk. Crazy kids.

    By Blogger crystal, at 27/10/04 12:36 pm  

  • That story must be made into a comic. It sums up what a real relationship is all about. Well, for people like us anyway.

    By Blogger Beth, at 27/10/04 6:17 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger crystal, at 28/10/04 12:16 pm  

  • claudette: tee hee. I knew what you meant. I don't really know why I responded that way. Probably because it still hurts. I hope to see you when you come visit. I guess it depends on when you're here and when I'm in Liverpool.

    Katie: I would if I could. I don't know if it's what a relationship *should* be like, but it works for us. We've been (as you know) going strong for years and probably will continue that way.

    By Blogger crystal, at 29/10/04 11:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home