pistolwhip

Friday, June 11, 2004

She bop--he bop--a--we bop
I bop--you bop--a--they bop
Be bop--be bop--a--lu--she bop,
I hope He will understand
She bop--he bop--a--we bop
I bop--you bop--a--they bop
Be bop--be bop--a--lu--she bop,
Oo--oo--she--do--she bop--she bop


I really gotta stop walking past Maxwell's Plum on my way to work.

*phone rings* I'm feeling adventurous, so I actually pick it up. "CYNDI LAUPER IS THE COOLEST FUCKING PERSON ON THE PLANET!!!!" Uh, hi, mom. So things are going well? You got to meet Cyndi Lauper? My mother is a truck driver. She drove for about 2 years, for Cher's Farwell Tour (which is still going; she's apparently coming to Halifax. Figures they'd wait till my mom doesn't work for her anymore, and thus, I won't be expecting a visit anytime soon.) Mommy liked Cyndi. Apparently, Cyndi would eat lunch with the truckers. I have this wild jacket, that I don't really like and can't find right now, that was Cyndi's. She bought it, and then decided she didn't like it. She gave it to my mom to give to her daughter. I also got this:

1 Comments:

  • Oh my god.

    I love Cyndi. I think she's beautiful.
    claudette | 06.12.04 - 3:24 pm | #

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    That is so so so fucking awesome.

    I still have the biggest crush in the world on Cyndi Lauper.

    I am also really happy that girls are starting to dress like that again.

    Vivacious.
    Eben | 06.13.04 - 5:44 am | #

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I remember how much I loved Cyndi Lauper as a kid. There was this rivalry. I HATED Madonna. I liked that Cyndi was a bit of a freak, and not just some whore of a pop star. I don't actually know where my cd is anymore, but that's not new in my house; I can never find anything in this sty. My mom told me a cute story of when "they" surprised her for her birthday. They had a show somewhere, but flew her family in. Apparently, her son didn't want to give up the microphone. He just loved being on the stage and getting the attention. She told my mom to encourage me to keep going with my music, that it took her years. I wonder if she'd tell me to keep rockin' if she actually heard our cd.
    crystal | 06.15.04 - 11:34 am | #

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Heh, who knows? I think she started out in punk bands. She's pretty easy listening now though. But yeah, she was 31 when she had her first hit.

    Jeez, she's almost as old as my mom. Still crazy beautiful though.
    Eben | Email | 06.15.04 - 9:21 pm | #

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, I thought mom said she was in her thirties, but I didn't say it because I didn't want to be wrong.
    crystal | 06.15.04 - 10:12 pm | #

    By Blogger crystal, at 7/9/04 12:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home