pistolwhip

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

neighbour: "Crystal, where are you off to?"

me: "I have to look for a job."

neighbour: "Oh, that's why you look all nice with the makeup and the hair."

Well, I'm doing a lot better than yesterday. It's fucking beautiful out. Also, a different mommy gave us some money so we could eat. It's a shame I'm such a slave to my addictions. I don't even TRY to stop. On one hand, I could stop smoking right now (or actually a few hours ago), but on the other hand, I could but more and be in a good mood when I hand out those resumes. It's obvious which choice I made.

Before heading over to Paul's, KC gave me $7 to eat lunch while I was downtown. Well, put that with the $7 I had left over from yesterday, and it's just enough for a pack of smokes and a coffee. Oh well, I'm not that hungry anyway. My body's getting used to being empty. [It helps that I had practice starving all those years ago in Bedford.* After I broke up with Steve, I said to him "You must hate that I look a lot better now than I ever did when we were together." From subsequent conversations, I found out it was that statement that made him hate me. According to him, it was never about that. Yeah, I guess he was right. If our relationship had any basis on looks, I never would have been with him in the first place.] But, I did eat some oatmeal today, and when I'm done here, I'll probably have some toast.

I handed out some resumes today. Synovate, Sam's, Sock it to Ya, and , ugh, The Second Cup (I know, I know. But I'm desperate and can never figure out which places to walk into). That's it? Only 4. Fuck, today wasn't as productive as I had thought. The only places actually hiring are the call center and the Sock store, which is alright cuz those are on the top of my "want" list. I have to stop into the sock store tomorrow when the owner is there. The guy at the Second Cup kinda creeped me out, but I joked along with him anyway. He said they DID just hire some people, but the turnover's fairly high (cuz, as one of my friends put it "it's the worst place to work in the city"), so I should leave my resume anyway. "When are you available?" I'm available any hour of any day. "No girl has ever answered that question better, but I meant for here." Eww. Yeah, heh, so did I. He wrote that I was "nice" on my resume because of how I had joked along with him. Oh, I hope he doesn't read this. Then he might write "two-faced" on my resume. But that's a good trait in the service industry, isn't it?

I bumped into Jack MacDonald on Spring Garden, in his usual spot in front of the CIBC. I met him a few years ago when I worked at Mahons. He used to come in to get his stories photocopied because we were cheaper than Kinko's and our service was better. Too bad no one else knew that, and the place went under. I've only seen Jack perform once, at the Khyber, in the months after Mahons went under. It was one his first times (or the first) playing with the Hotel Faces. Every time I see him, we have a nice little chat, and I tell him I'll watch out for his next show and come. I almost always know when they're playing, but I haven't kept my word and gone. They're playing Reflections tonight. It's free, so chances are, I'll actually go. I have this itch. I haven't been "out" since last week when I was refused entry to the Attic. Of course, I'll want to drink. But, since KC managed to get a little extra $$$, I think I'll be ok in that department. [He called from Paul's and said he wanted to go to Charlie's tonight. I told him I wanted to go to 'Flections. After I told him Jack was playing, he said "yeah, we should do that...and the beer's cheap." To which I replied, "Yeah, cheaper than Charlie's"] Jack and I had a nice little chat about Jesus. For some reason I didn't expect that from him.

The nice thing about being a regular somewhere (Charlie's for me) is you get perks. Today, my coffee was free. Thanks Bernie.

In the words of Nelson Muntz "I'm so hungry I could puke."

*By no means should this sentence imply any sort of eating disorder. I do have a weird appetite, and I am a skinny girl, but have never had an eating disorder. I was starving in Bedford because, believe it or not, that was the peak of my self-destructive tendencies. I spent all my money on booze, pot, smokes, and acid. My friend worked at a bagel shop and gave all the day-olds to my household. So, for the 2 months (or more) before I met KC, I stayed up 'till morning drinking and getting high and playing video games. Then I would sleep all day, get up, walk to my roommates room (in the t-shirt and panties I had slept in) and start all over again. I usually only stopped for food when I had to. I ate nothing but Kit Kat bars, pizza slices, and untoasted, unbuttered bagels. I was too lazy to do any better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home