pistolwhip

Monday, April 12, 2004

I'm not wearing any underwear. Why is that a sexy thing to say? Currently, I feel gross. I should do my laundry more often, and my "cutie" is touching the inside of my jeans. Eww. Although, it does feel good sometimes. Empowering.

I'm also not wearing my engagement ring. But not for the reasons you might think upon first reading that. My middle finger (I don't wear it on my ring finger) is purple, cut, and swollen. Also, the ring is distorted so that it is no longer round. I didn't want to mosh at the Slitch show. It's been fun for the last year, but like 10 years ago, I feel I'm growing out of it again. I just had never done it drunk, when you couldn't really feel it. I didn't drink when I went to Cafe Ole. I was standing up front. I like being up front for bands I like. Sometimes I put my leg up; probably because Mike Adams and Gerry always make it look like such a fun thing to do. I don't mind getting bumped. I chose to be up front. Did you ever notice that when you get a head injury, the first reaction is rage? That's what happened Saturday. I still have a (tiny) bump on my head from a beer bottle. When I got hit, I put my bottle down in a safe place (in front of the monitor with Don's) and jumped in shoving. The problem was when I bounced off someone and fell down. That happens to me a lot; my little body picks up a lot of momentum. Usually someone's right there picking me up, but they didn't this time. I stuck my hand out to find something to push or pull myself up with. That's when I got stepped on, three times. I don't think I've ever had a body part crushed under a steel-toed boot before. That's how my hand got crushed with the diamond cutting into my finger. My arm, especially elbow, is difficult to use right now.

I'm surprised my arm or hand or finger didn't break. Maybe there was someone looking down on me, even though I've been so blasphemous lately.

There was a baby mouse in my boot. Darcy had some folks over for dinner before the show (even though KC and I are the only ones that went to the show). KC and I brought Ling and GFry with us. We had just happened to bump into them. We didn't tell the guy we were coming, but we had been invited. Luckily, we got there just in time. People were getting full and passed their leftovers to us. Before I know what's going on, I see Clareece playing with my boot. When she knocks it over, I notice the little brown bundle of fur. "Hey Darcy! Clareece has a mouse!" I'm so bad with those kind of situations; standing around observing and giving a play-by-play commentary. Thankfully, nanker was in the house. She jumped up and grabbed the mouse to take it outside. That's when Clareece jumps up and smacks it right out of Nancy's hand. The terrified little thing ran into my boot, which became it's method of transportation to the wonderful world of the South End.

While KC got sick, I spilled my guts. Fuckin' fuck. If I'm gonna go around saying that kind of stuff, maybe I shouldn't drink as much. Actually, I just probably shouldn't anyway. I hope (and believe) I can trust the person on the receiving end of my self-absorbed, horny, rambling. Funny thing is, now that I mentioned it to an outside party, I feel a lot better, and it's not as nagging. Heck, it's not even true anymore.

Hey! That's that girl that... Overheard at the Attic. I don't know what the rest of the sentence was, but yes, that was me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home