pistolwhip

Saturday, April 03, 2004

I still think I should have made it onto the idiot list.

I couldn't find my keys all day yesterday. I looked all around the living room and bedroom, but I could not figure out where I dropped them after using them to let myself in. Maybe they're in the jacket, so I start rooting through the pockets. I' relieved and happy to discover a pack of Export A Medium with only one smoke missing. I switched to Du Maurier awhile ago, but Export blue always rolls of my tongue when I'm drunk. I smoked them for years. I was relieved because I thought that meant that I had discovered what happened to my missing money. Not so. After further pocket investigation, I find a yellow receipt. Needs Chebucto, used my bank card. That's really not good, because there was only slightly more than rent in there, and once my service charges are taken, my rent cheque will probably bounce. That would be fine, if February's hadn't already bounced. I need to roll some coins and bring them to the bank on Monday. At least my landlord never takes the rent out on time, but this'll likely be the one time he does.

I don't even remember going to Needs. At all. You'd think I'd remember something of the transaction. I had to buzz to get in, even. But nope. I betcha the surveillance footage from that night is pretty funny.

KC found the keys in our hallway outside of our door this morning when he left for work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home