pistolwhip

Sunday, March 14, 2004

KC: Have you guys ever heard of a Kirby?
me & Lav: no
Kirby: Well, I haven't met too many Liverp...what do you call yourselves?
KC: Liverpudlians
Kirby: Yeah, I haven't met too many Liverpud-g-lians
KC: Well she's a Cole Harbour-ian, whatever that's called
me: bitch

A conversation as KC sees someone he hasn't seen in 10 years. We're eating dinner at the grocery store. There's a Perks coffee shop and some tables. KC and Cory are eating sushi. I have some of KC's and eat most of my pasta salad. Once we're done eating, we buy some beer and bring Lav home for some smokage. It's Friday night. I'll get to see Nancy soon.

Had a good time with Lav, invited him to the party and told him about the awesome show that was going on Saturday. He decided he would skip the party, but go to the show.

KC and I were the very first people to show up at John Street. We got there around 9. Just got tired of our house and left without calling first. Christian wasn't even there, Laura was really sick, and Darcie was in the shower. Jef entertained us and played some North of America that I had never heard. (Sepultura. Aside from a few songs, I've only listened to Elements) Then Laura and Darcie came down to finish and hang up the banners. "Happy Devon's Birthday" and "Welcome Home Seth & Nancy." The "Seth" was scratched out because he wasn't going to be home yet. Some people asked if we were mad at Seth, but that wasn't the reason.

I was exhausted from my Hell week at school, but I managed to have a good time. I don't understand what the difference was, but I was no where near as out of control as the week before, but I didn't drink less. Maybe it was the wine that made me crazy. I honestly don't remember much from last week, and don't care to. It was a good time. Anything self-loathing I said after the party had nothing to do with the party, or the people involved, just, me.

It was nice to not be the drunkest one there. Witnessing Tobias, I remember what it was like to be that age. I think I'd rather run to the bathroom with a mouth full of vomit, than lose my mind and self-control.

Due to my laundry situation, I didn't have any underwear or tights to wear Friday, but I wanted to wear a skirt, and it was cold out. I found an old one-piece bathing suit that I've had for ages, but is too small for me. I pulled it on and cut it off at my hips. Underwear problem solved, but I still needed something on my legs. Found an old pair of tights I've had since Grade 7. You know the ones that had no feet, but were trimmed with lace around the ankles? I used to wear them under shorts. They were damaged ages ago, so I turned them into a shirt. I cut the crotch out to put my head through, and the legs are the sleeves. It's pretty ripped up, I've only wore it a few times, under dresses and tank tops. They were tights again on Saturday. It was kinda weird. I could feel this draft on my thighs and crotch.

So, yeah, Friday was good. Saturday was better.

Saturday started with KC being called into work. Poor him, but it was only a couple hours. When he got off, he and Darcy picked me up. We went to the Greek House for breakfast, then picked up Sheryl and went to Select Sounds and Value Village. I can't remember the last time I bought a cd, but between KC and I , we bought 4 yesterday:

a perfect circle-thirteenth step
the dead milkmen-beelzebubba (I missed my lost cassette)
girlschool-the very best of...
the clash-london calling

I bought a bunch of stuff at Value Village including most of what I wore to the Idiot. The boots, the black jeans, the belt, the shirt, and the purse were all second-hand-new. I also purchased a skirt, a corset, a piece of lingerie (a lacy, see-through dress; I'll wear it onstage sometime), and a weird shirt-thing.

Our shopping excursion led us to dinner at Darcy and Sheryl's. A very delicious spaghetti and caesar salad, all from scratch with a ton of garlic. It was amazing. What was also amazing was that the beer was finally starting to flow. After dinner, we picked up the Lav and went to my place before heading to the Idiot.

It was my first time in the Idiot and I had only been in the Tickle Trunk a couple of times, and both those nights sucked. Well, my 19th birthday didn't suck, but leaving the Trunk and going to the Seahorse made it a lot better. I was only there because I like Radarfame and I wanted to see the Holy Shroud. Besides the band, and some of the company I kept, the only thing I really liked about the place was smoking in the boys' room. The girls' room was okay when there were still girls I liked there, but when they went to Hell, I went to the boys' room. I wonder if anyone ended up drinking the tobacco/spit water? Probably not. Maybe if it wasn't so cloudy someone would've been that dumb, but I know I wouldn't drink something left in the bathroom, even if I thought it was water. But you never know. There were probably some SMU students there.

I was having such a great time, I didn't want it to end. So, we stopped by Reflections. There was a line-up and probably a cover, so we went to Hell. Although it was almost 3:00 am, they were still charging $5 at the door. Fuck that. Decided against Freeman's, so home it was.

KC had to work today. He works every Sunday. I slept and slept and dreamt. Then, I finally got up around 2:30. Had breakfast at Cafe Vienna. Emily, Nancy, the music Sean, and SETH were there. Seth's blond. It looks great.

Now I'm here, waiting for Tensity. I wonder what I should read. I can guarantee it won't be about what's got me so distraught. I'll find something. KC's gonna read from Target Monkey.

Brian the Ling has a nice, new design.

I like this joke:

"Why are hardcore guys so bad in bed?

Cuz they brag about 7 inches they don't have."

And right now, I just want to bang bang bang!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home