pistolwhip

Friday, March 26, 2004

I'm not really supposed to drink, and I think it shows. I also think that after last night, it's time for me to take another little break. I'm all confused and depressed right now. I was all excited to go to a clothing swap tonight, but now I'm not sure if I want to leave the house. I can't look at people right now. Well, I will have to leave the house to practice for our Cape Breton shows. At least in Sydney there's an all-ages venue. But after that, I don't know.

I was all over the place yesterday; running errands after school. Since I was downtown, I checked in with Venus Envy, and sure enough, they were already sold out of Burlesque tickets. I haven't gone to any of the Burlesque shows yet, and I wanted to perform in this one, and I have friends that are performing, so I figured I needed to go to this one. She (the clerk at Venus Envy) said that No Records still had some the last time she checked. It was on my way home, so that would work out, as long as they still have tickets. I thought they closed at 5, and it was already 4:30, so I rushed up to Gottingen. Of course you have to buy them with cash; it's not actual store merchandise. But I didn't have any. Gerry informed me that they close at 6, not 5, so I went to Charlie's for a beer and cash-back.

When I walked in, my beautiful Charlie's bar-bud was sitting at the bar. I had to be back at the store by 6, and she had to be at burlesque rehearsal by 6, so neither of us could get wrapped up in the drinking and talking. I had 2 instead of 1 and at quarter to six, I had to chug the rest and rush out the door.

After purchasing my tickets, I didn't want to go home yet, so, back to Chuck's. I had my third and as I was contemplating getting a fourth, or leaving, I got into some VERY interesting conversations with a fella named Zack. When I was almost halfway into my fourth, KC walked in. I don't know what time it was, but I didn't think he'd be off work so early. I was going to be a good little wife and buy some dinner and beer for when he got home. He knows me all too well. When he got off work early, he knew I'd be in the Staples area and would probably get drunk before going home. Sure enough, he found me exactly where he thought he would. I don't know how many beer I had while he had a few. I barely remember the walk home, so I don't know how the conversation started. I probably brought it up, it's always me. However it started, it sucked, and that's where I'm going to have to leave it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home