pistolwhip

Sunday, February 22, 2004

[I started this when I got home from the bar, finished it this morning.]

Wow
The last time I posted, was when the Purse told me he was trying out for Canadian Idol. Now It's Saturday, or Sunday at 3:28 a.m. I have less than 2 days to learn a song. I think I'm gonna sing "It's So Easy" by g'n'fuckin'r.!!

It's no sweet child o mine, but I think the lyrics apply to me.

So, since I've updated last, I've been busy. I went to rock 'n' roll trivia at Gus's on Tuesday. It was the first time in a while I've done something on a Tuesday. I miss the Jamboree. I went because best team name won a vibrator. I've never used a vibrator, but I'd like to. So, I thought I might get one for free.

Our team name was Swimming In Bloody Rag Piss. We didn't win, but we were, I guess, an honourable mention. See, it was a three way tie for first place. It was between us, The Marvins and the gay dogs, or something, and the Clitorati. The latter won. I'm happy for them. In the end, it was a pretty lame looking toy.

Wednesday found me at Reflections. Me and 10 other people. I know there was a blizzard on the way, but it was sad to see so few people out. I had a good time just the same. I got some compliments. They're good. They make me feel good. Especially since I was so filthy on that night. See, they're still doing renovations at my place, and I don't have a shower right now, just a bath tub. By Wednesday, it had been a few days since my last bath. I was wearing that ball cap to cover my greasy, product filled hair.

Thursday, I didn't leave the house. I did go out for about an hour to see if the grocery store was open. It wasn't. I should've called first. Of course, I was oblivious to the state of emergency. It was ridiculous how stir crazy I went in just one day. Most Thursdays, I'm happy to relax and lay around watching tv and movies. But this Thursday, I felt forced and trapped. Those kind of feelings always make me want to rebel.

Friday was Rachael's birthday party. I saw some good folks at Hunter Street. I called the Propeller Brewery at ten to six to see if they were still open. "Yeah, but not for long. We were going to close at 6:00, but there's a lineup out the door. I'd say you have a half an hour to 45 minutes." So I rushed out and climbed through snow and made it, just in time. But they were out of pale. I drank warm Propeller all night, starting with the jam spot and ending on Hunter. I found out when arriving at the house that there was a curfew. Oh well. I walked home at 2:30 a.m. with no hassles.

Then there was Saturday. I'm in pain right now. ALOT. I started drinking around 2 in the afternoon, but I kept myself paced and was pretty not wasted until it was good and late. We jammed with Mark. We have been every Saturday this month. It's pretty fucking strange to play the songs all week with one drummer, and then all weekend with another. We need to remember how the songs sound with Mark. He's playing the show next week. Someone took photos of us while we jammed. That added an interesting element.

Those guys wanted to jam more cuz Mark's having fun again, but I was done for the day, so I went up to check out the new Charlie's. It's weird in there. But good for them. Met some girls who kept flirting with me and rubbing my hair and calling me pretty girl. I had promised I'd drink coffee as it was only 5 or 6 and I'd already had 3.5 beers. "Baby. Why are you drinking coffee heerre?" After my coffee, the girls bought me a beer.

Did you need another reason to love the Seahorse?
If you do, this might help--they were open all weekend and the shows happened, even during the aftermath of White Juan. I was gonna go to the show anyway, but when I discovered that the curfew had carried over to Saturday night, I'm like, "well if there's a show during curfew, you KNOW I'm gonna be there."

I have the shakes today. I feel all that ethanol leaving my system. I hope my alcohol withdrawal never reaches the point of causing seizures. It won't today, but supposedly the withdrawal gets worse every time.

Why do I do the things I do? Because those things are fun and they get me attention. I gotta calm down on it a bit though; I think there's something else at work.

During Oh God's set, people were standing around like a bunch of pussies, so I started pushing. My favourite point was landing on the stage and looking up. My elbow is swollen and purple. My knee has crusty blood on it and something like carpet burn. I will be black later in the day or tomorrow. I have various, small and relatively painless bruises scattered about my body. The worst injury is my left hand. I might have to play another show doped up on painkillers. At one point, I pushed Jim back on stage. He fell and kicked me in the hand. Now, the knuckles of my ring finger and pinky don't like to bend. A fist is quite a task. Same goes for holding my coffee mug.

Oh, and then there were more kisses. Yep. I don't know how I really feel about it, but I guess I can't regret it too much. It wasn't really much.

I stink today. You know it was a good weekend when I smell like this on Sunday.

I miss you sweetie. I wish you didn't have to work on Sundays. I like spending this day of rest with you, but here I am alone.

There's Something About Mary is on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home