pistolwhip

Sunday, February 15, 2004

I have this nasty habit of always thinking everything is all about me. Unless it obviously isn't. About a year ago, I was convinced I had Hamburger Syndrome and self-centeredness is one of the symptoms. In fact, I spent quite a long time at Charlie's trying to explain to Janice and Ali why I thought I was an ass-burglar. I mean, my mom told when I was a teenager that they used to think I was slightly autistic. Asperger is something like High Functioning Autism. But now, I don't really care what makes me different. I am different, and that's what makes me special. I also like to think the world revolves around me. Some people with certain beliefs might blame that on my being a Leo. Meh. Whatever the reason, I am me and I love me.

So, why am I rambling about obsessing over myself? Well, the newest thing I've taken to heart are some of the nameless Valentines in the Coast's PSST section. Naturally, it would have to be nameless valentines, because none of the ones with names, say Crystal. Also, I'm pretty sure some of the nameless ones don't refer to me, because they refer to events and things that didn't happen to me. But, there's a couple that could fit:

"DEAR YOU know who, You suck." [Most obviously about me.]

"DO I read you correctly lead me directly Help me with this part Do I hate you? do I date you? Do I got a dyslexic heart?" [I hope this one's not, 'cuz that would mean I'd have something to feel guilty about.]

"I THINK I would have been safe if I could have stopped looking at your lips and your breasts. But I couldn't. And you didn't want me to. So I hope it's ok if I never stop. Hot girl, I can't wait to touch you again." [It's nice to think this one's for me, but there's no one that really "touched" me recently so as to want to touch me again. But looking at lips and breasts and calling me hot, that's good material.]

"I'D LIKE to slowly slip a single finger under the flap of the envelope holding you as lacy sweet valentine. Taste every taste of you. Swallow it all." [mmmm...fingers...]

"LOEL C: You are too cute and nice to be ruined by groupies. Fight the power (and shave off that beard). xo Fans of Cute, Nice Guys" [not about me, but I know Loel]

"NO TIME for love or anything new. How very very very unfortunate for you." [It's possible this one's for me. But if it is, it's the opinion of the author, not me.]

"TO THE TRUTH in my life - you are the walnuts in my salad and the avocado on my toast. I wish I'd stolen you 4 years ago, you B+ you." [This better not be for me. If you're trying to compliment me, call me an A+, even if you don't mean it.]

So, I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. I hate Valentine's Day, but I feel kinda weird complaining about it since I'm not single and it usually is a good, romantic time. Yesterday, the Hold practiced with Mark. It was the first time we've played with him in a month and a half, but he's playing the release show, and we have a new song or two for him to learn by then. After that, Mark brought his girlfriend and their new dog over to our place. KC and Mark cooked an absolutely delicious chicken alfredo for us while Jenn and I played Ms. Pacman on my Sega Genesis. One night, Jenn and I played Ms. Pacman for 6 hours at the Khyber. That was quite a night. After the lovely dinner, the 4 of us did what we do best when together: smoked a bunch of cigs, drank some beer, talked, listened to music and played cards. It was really fun to have a dog here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home