Yes, I headlined my first show ever.
So, if you know anything about Halifax, you know that the venue where I was supposed to play tomorrow is now closed. So we don't have a show. I, instead, will be going to a friend's place to trade clothes. I might go to the Seahorse later. I know I'll be bored--I always am--and I like the McFaddens. (Edit-I don't want this taken the wrong way. It's not like certain places or people bore me. Boredom is a personality trait of mine.)
So I don't know when we'll play another all-ages show.
But, there is some good news. We recorded with J Melanson.
J was the first person I ever spit on. It was Groundhog Day, 2002, at the Mokka; my first time on stage.
Briefs
Head Injury Convention
McFaddens
This Life Sucks
The Dumps
For some reason, it was a big deal that it was our first show. So, even though we weren't ready for the stage, and were drunk/nervous as hell, we headlined in tank tops and boys' underwear. Mine were black, size small, with a black lace tank and thigh-highs.
Looking out from the stage, I saw a wall of boys. I was shaking. During the set, I realized that we were statues; no one was performing. So during "Ass" (our song about sex in a BK bathrrom) I tilted my head back and spit. I didn't know that in the end, I'd be spitting on someone who was going to record me.
Later, I don't remember if it was later that night, or later in life, J and I were introduced. He mentioned me spitting on him.
"Oh, that hit you? Sorry."
So, if you know anything about Halifax, you know that the venue where I was supposed to play tomorrow is now closed. So we don't have a show. I, instead, will be going to a friend's place to trade clothes. I might go to the Seahorse later. I know I'll be bored--I always am--and I like the McFaddens. (Edit-I don't want this taken the wrong way. It's not like certain places or people bore me. Boredom is a personality trait of mine.)
So I don't know when we'll play another all-ages show.
But, there is some good news. We recorded with J Melanson.
J was the first person I ever spit on. It was Groundhog Day, 2002, at the Mokka; my first time on stage.
Briefs
Head Injury Convention
McFaddens
This Life Sucks
The Dumps
For some reason, it was a big deal that it was our first show. So, even though we weren't ready for the stage, and were drunk/nervous as hell, we headlined in tank tops and boys' underwear. Mine were black, size small, with a black lace tank and thigh-highs.
Looking out from the stage, I saw a wall of boys. I was shaking. During the set, I realized that we were statues; no one was performing. So during "Ass" (our song about sex in a BK bathrrom) I tilted my head back and spit. I didn't know that in the end, I'd be spitting on someone who was going to record me.
Later, I don't remember if it was later that night, or later in life, J and I were introduced. He mentioned me spitting on him.
"Oh, that hit you? Sorry."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home