The McFaddens are playing tonight. I have a history of getting into trouble at McFaddens' shows. Chances are, not tonight, though, what with me being new and improved and all.
The first McFaddens show wasn't too bad on my part, but it was 2 years ago at the beginning of my return to debauchery. It was also the first show of that girl band I used to be in. I don't like saying the name of the band cuz it's the same band name as these guys. I got pretty drunk to compensate for being so fucking nervous. Before I got on stage half-naked, I was running around the Mokka lifting my skirt to show complete strangers my beautiful, silk-screened briefs. During HIC's set, I got hit in the face. My teeth smashed together, and now one of them is chipped.
Then there was this time that we played with them on Halloween. I started a fight that night, and her bigass boyfriend wanted to kick the shit out of KC. I think that thug was pretty smart [this should be obvious sarcasm]. See, this bitch was antagonizing me all night. I don't know if she was there early enough to know I was in one of the bands, but she got worse after I was onstage with the McFaddens. I spent the whole night leaning against one of those pillars they have in the Seahorse, minding my own business, drinking, and enjoying the show. She kept dancing into me; stepping on my feet, acting as if I wasn't there and she was hitting the pillar. I just nonchalantly crossed my arms out in front of me, to give myself some space. I wasn't going to give up my spot, I had been there all night, save the 20 minutes the girls played. The McFaddens hit the stage and were about to kick into the song they always start their set with. They asked all the bands who played earlier to get up there and yell the backups for them--"Hey, McFaddens!!!!!" So, we did. Like I said, she got much more aggressive after that. I convinced myself she was jealous of me. The arm crossing wasn't working, so I began nudging her. She took that as me starting something and got even worse. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, so I hauled off and shoved her with all my might. As can be expected, she flipped out. To my advantage, Ali just happened to come ask me if I wanted to leave and go up to the Marquee. So, I ignored the freak, and talked to Ali (who didn't even notice what was going on). "Did you see that? She's been shoving me all night. Fucking bitch. Now she's ignoring me." Her big, shaved headed, thug of a man looked at KC. KC shrugged and made some sort of gesture meaning "girls, fuck they're crazy." Thug Head looked at him with eyes of hate. Then, the band kicked into another song, distracting Thug Head and giving us our chance to exit.
Oh! And then there was that New Year's Eve...leaving '02, beginning '03. The McFaddens played, at the 'Horse, with, I think The Facelift Dirtboys, and maybe more bands, I got there late. Started drinking early in the afternoon, like every New Year's. Ended up at a few different houses, adding different liquors and drugs to the mix. By the time I hit the bar, I was completely blasted and it was already after midnight. I came out of my blackout in a strange bar. It had pillars, but they were different and the music was rank. I panicked because I didn't know where I was or what happened at all in the last couple of hours. "What the fuck? Where are we?! Are we at fucking Merril's or something!?!! What the fuck are we doing at fucking Merril's??" "Oh, so you don't remember coming here?" "No, I don't remember anything. I was with Bursey watching the Dirtboys." "So you don't remember making out with that guy?" "What guy?" "Oh, just some nerd." I honestly don't know what I did or said that night, but when I saw Chris a few days later, he said "Were you ... too?"
me-"huh?"
him-"New Year's?"
me-"Oh! Yeah...did I see you on New Year's?"
And then there was the show a few weeks ago...
The first McFaddens show wasn't too bad on my part, but it was 2 years ago at the beginning of my return to debauchery. It was also the first show of that girl band I used to be in. I don't like saying the name of the band cuz it's the same band name as these guys. I got pretty drunk to compensate for being so fucking nervous. Before I got on stage half-naked, I was running around the Mokka lifting my skirt to show complete strangers my beautiful, silk-screened briefs. During HIC's set, I got hit in the face. My teeth smashed together, and now one of them is chipped.
Then there was this time that we played with them on Halloween. I started a fight that night, and her bigass boyfriend wanted to kick the shit out of KC. I think that thug was pretty smart [this should be obvious sarcasm]. See, this bitch was antagonizing me all night. I don't know if she was there early enough to know I was in one of the bands, but she got worse after I was onstage with the McFaddens. I spent the whole night leaning against one of those pillars they have in the Seahorse, minding my own business, drinking, and enjoying the show. She kept dancing into me; stepping on my feet, acting as if I wasn't there and she was hitting the pillar. I just nonchalantly crossed my arms out in front of me, to give myself some space. I wasn't going to give up my spot, I had been there all night, save the 20 minutes the girls played. The McFaddens hit the stage and were about to kick into the song they always start their set with. They asked all the bands who played earlier to get up there and yell the backups for them--"Hey, McFaddens!!!!!" So, we did. Like I said, she got much more aggressive after that. I convinced myself she was jealous of me. The arm crossing wasn't working, so I began nudging her. She took that as me starting something and got even worse. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, so I hauled off and shoved her with all my might. As can be expected, she flipped out. To my advantage, Ali just happened to come ask me if I wanted to leave and go up to the Marquee. So, I ignored the freak, and talked to Ali (who didn't even notice what was going on). "Did you see that? She's been shoving me all night. Fucking bitch. Now she's ignoring me." Her big, shaved headed, thug of a man looked at KC. KC shrugged and made some sort of gesture meaning "girls, fuck they're crazy." Thug Head looked at him with eyes of hate. Then, the band kicked into another song, distracting Thug Head and giving us our chance to exit.
Oh! And then there was that New Year's Eve...leaving '02, beginning '03. The McFaddens played, at the 'Horse, with, I think The Facelift Dirtboys, and maybe more bands, I got there late. Started drinking early in the afternoon, like every New Year's. Ended up at a few different houses, adding different liquors and drugs to the mix. By the time I hit the bar, I was completely blasted and it was already after midnight. I came out of my blackout in a strange bar. It had pillars, but they were different and the music was rank. I panicked because I didn't know where I was or what happened at all in the last couple of hours. "What the fuck? Where are we?! Are we at fucking Merril's or something!?!! What the fuck are we doing at fucking Merril's??" "Oh, so you don't remember coming here?" "No, I don't remember anything. I was with Bursey watching the Dirtboys." "So you don't remember making out with that guy?" "What guy?" "Oh, just some nerd." I honestly don't know what I did or said that night, but when I saw Chris a few days later, he said "Were you ... too?"
me-"huh?"
him-"New Year's?"
me-"Oh! Yeah...did I see you on New Year's?"
And then there was the show a few weeks ago...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home