pistolwhip

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

"You're off your meds again. He didn't say anything; he didn't have to. Everything's bad when you're off your meds. And everytime you do this, it gives your disease another chance to..."

I didn't hear the rest of what was being said. I got up, put on my boots and jacket, and went over to my local watering-hole. It's funny that I like Lane's so much. It's so much classier (in a sorta wannabe way) than my other favourite bar, the Seahorse.

At Lane's, I pounded back 4 beer and met Bill. A scotch drinkin', Harley lovin' travelling product manager. He's in T something something, which stands for Thermal something something. He sells stuff that is used in paper mills. Bowater is what brought him to Liverpool. Once KC tracked me down at the bar (which didn't take him long) the 3 of us and the bartender, Mitch Mitchell, had some interesting conversations.

Being a scotch lover, Bill was devastated to learn that Johnnie Walker Red is the best scotch the pair of us have tried. We expressed our love for whiskey, to which Bill replied that we were scotch drinkers in the making. He bought KC a glass of Glenlivet (the best they had at Lane's) and me another beer. I'm not sure how full the bottle of Glenlivet was when Bill got there, but by the time he left, the bottle was empty and he'd settled for a few doubles of Glenmorrangay (sp?). He told us of his biker family. They go to many rallies and races and his 9-year-old daughter has her own bike. She's pretty, too. When that girl gets to high school, Bill and his wife will have their hands full. But they know that; they'll do fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home