My immune system is the best. I don't really understand it, I do the opposite of taking care of myself, but my immune system has been ass-kicking for a few years now. I drink alot, smoke alot, eat crap (alot of processed crap chock-full of the trans-fats), have very poor sleeping habits, don't take vitamins, go out in the cold with wet hair, and all the things that are supposed to make a person sick.
The first time I realized how lucky I was, I lived in a house on Armoury Place with 3 or 4 other people. There were times when the whole houslehold would be practiacally dying, but me, I just got a little sore throat.
In the last few weeks, almost everyone I know was been ill. There's this really nasty cold or flu or something that's going around. My bedmate had it, and I didn't catch it. On Saturday night, my friend Lav asked me if I got sick. I thought he meant from Friday's debauchery, but he explained that everyone he knows has been sick, so he was wondering how I was doing.
"Oh, Cory, I don't get sick."
"Oh yeah, I forgot."
Well, I got it.
Saturday, I felt like crap, but figured it was self-induced from Friday. Sunday, I felt like crap, but figured it was self-induced from Friday and Saturday.
By Monday morning, I realized I had a cold. I sneezed numerous times, all over my Marketing test, and couldn't get my nose to stop running. I saw Mark in the hallway and told him I was sick. When he apologized, I told him it was my own fault for sharing with him. He recommended I get tons of vitamin C, repeating "You don't want this. Stock up on vitamins. You don't want this."
He was right, that one day of Hell I went through yesterday was awful. I laid around, watching TV, and cuddling my kitty cat.
Everyone I know that had this was sick for at least a week. Today, I am almost back to normal.
Maybe, sometime in my past, I picked up some sort of disease that does the opposite of AIDS. Instead of attacking my immune system and killing me, it makes me stronger. Maybe it's because I've never had the flu shot, so my body is used to sticking up for itself. Maybe, I'm a god.
The first time I realized how lucky I was, I lived in a house on Armoury Place with 3 or 4 other people. There were times when the whole houslehold would be practiacally dying, but me, I just got a little sore throat.
In the last few weeks, almost everyone I know was been ill. There's this really nasty cold or flu or something that's going around. My bedmate had it, and I didn't catch it. On Saturday night, my friend Lav asked me if I got sick. I thought he meant from Friday's debauchery, but he explained that everyone he knows has been sick, so he was wondering how I was doing.
"Oh, Cory, I don't get sick."
"Oh yeah, I forgot."
Well, I got it.
Saturday, I felt like crap, but figured it was self-induced from Friday. Sunday, I felt like crap, but figured it was self-induced from Friday and Saturday.
By Monday morning, I realized I had a cold. I sneezed numerous times, all over my Marketing test, and couldn't get my nose to stop running. I saw Mark in the hallway and told him I was sick. When he apologized, I told him it was my own fault for sharing with him. He recommended I get tons of vitamin C, repeating "You don't want this. Stock up on vitamins. You don't want this."
He was right, that one day of Hell I went through yesterday was awful. I laid around, watching TV, and cuddling my kitty cat.
Everyone I know that had this was sick for at least a week. Today, I am almost back to normal.
Maybe, sometime in my past, I picked up some sort of disease that does the opposite of AIDS. Instead of attacking my immune system and killing me, it makes me stronger. Maybe it's because I've never had the flu shot, so my body is used to sticking up for itself. Maybe, I'm a god.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home