Pink
I spent my whole life hating pink--the colour, that is.
Being the spoiled little brat I was, I used to make quite a stink, if my present was pink.
The reason for this was because my presents were always pink. That, and I rebel against everything; reverse psychology works well on me. I guess I'm a moron. Anyway, why were my presents always pink? I used to cry, and whine, "Mommy, Mommy, why does Grandma keep giving me pink? Doesn't everyone know I don't like it?" What I didn't realize at that age was Grandma is a severe alcoholic; she doesn't know much of anything. But she knew these few facts:
-I have a female cousin 4 months younger than me.
-She wanted to give us the same thing so we wouldn't get jealous of each other.
-She couldn't give pink to her daughter's daughter because her daughter had red hair. (Apparently, my aunt couldn't wear pink because of her red hair, so my brunette cousin was never given pink.)
If only Gram knew the jealousy that was caused because I WANTED THE BLUE!
I've grown up a bit since then, and now enjoy the few pink items I have in my wardrobe. When I play tonight, I'll be in pink, except for my hat.
And I take after my Nan, I love to drink.
Can't wait 'till tonight.
I spent my whole life hating pink--the colour, that is.
Being the spoiled little brat I was, I used to make quite a stink, if my present was pink.
The reason for this was because my presents were always pink. That, and I rebel against everything; reverse psychology works well on me. I guess I'm a moron. Anyway, why were my presents always pink? I used to cry, and whine, "Mommy, Mommy, why does Grandma keep giving me pink? Doesn't everyone know I don't like it?" What I didn't realize at that age was Grandma is a severe alcoholic; she doesn't know much of anything. But she knew these few facts:
-I have a female cousin 4 months younger than me.
-She wanted to give us the same thing so we wouldn't get jealous of each other.
-She couldn't give pink to her daughter's daughter because her daughter had red hair. (Apparently, my aunt couldn't wear pink because of her red hair, so my brunette cousin was never given pink.)
If only Gram knew the jealousy that was caused because I WANTED THE BLUE!
I've grown up a bit since then, and now enjoy the few pink items I have in my wardrobe. When I play tonight, I'll be in pink, except for my hat.
And I take after my Nan, I love to drink.
Can't wait 'till tonight.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home